Open Enrollment & Re-enrollment for School Year 2015-2016
February 2nd-March 31st
For your convenience, we are providing a copy of the student/parent bulletin that was sent by email to all parents. Check back each week for the newest bulletin.
Student/Parent Bulletin (December 10, 2014)
Regarding Right to Receive Teacher Information
Federal law requires that each school district receiving Title 1 funds notify parents of each student attending any school receiving these funds that information regarding the professional qualifications of their child’s classroom teacher(s) may be requested.
As a parent of a student attending a school receiving federal program funds, you have the right to know:
- Is my child’s teacher licensed to teach the grades and subject(s) assigned?
- Is my child’s teacher teaching with a provisional license, meaning the state has waived requirements for my child’s teacher?
- What is the college major of my child’s teacher?
- What degree or degrees does my child’s teacher hold?
- If there are instructional aides working with my child, what are their qualifications?
- If my child is or will be taught for 4 or more consecutive weeks this year by a teacher who is not highly qualified, will I be notified in a timely manner?
To request the state qualifications for your child’s teacher or instructional aide, please contact Gary Moon at (208) 734-3947. If you would like more information about this Xavier Charter Schools please feel free to call the front office at the same number and your call will be directed to the appropriate individual.
XAVIER RANKED IN TOP 3%
The state-wide SAT information released by the Idaho Department of Education shows Xavier Charter School’s mean composite score ranked last year’s juniors in the Top 3% in the state of Idaho. IDE requires Idaho high school juniors to participate annually in SAT School Day each April. XCS juniors placed 5th in the state, out-performing all other school districts in the Magic Valley as well as Blaine Co., Cassia Co., Minidoka Co., Boise City and Meridian.
The mean composite score for all three sections of the SAT for juniors at XCS was 1566, 197 points above the State average of 1369. Kimberly School District’s mean composite score was 1435. All other Magic Valley school districts fell below the state average. Nine schools in the state scored above the benchmark SAT score of 1550. Of the nine schools, seven are charters schools.
Xavier Charter School, a free public school, is still accepting students in grades 7th through 12th.
School Hours 2014-2015
Tuesday - Friday