Idaho Master Educator Premium Program
Helpful forms from the Idaho State Board of Education:
- Master Educator Premium ePortfolio guidelines
- Rubric for Pupil Personnel Staff
- Rubric for Instructional Staff
- Master Educator Premium FAQ
The Master Teacher Premium Basics (IEA 3/18/17)
It is an effort by the Idaho Legislature to recognize and financially reward outstanding teachers.
It is a premium paid to the teacher of $4,000 per year for the first three years ($12,000), in addition to the teacher’s normal salary. Following the initial three year period teachers are eligible to receive the premium on an annual basis.
Master Teacher Premium determinations are based on the teacher meeting the minimum requirements and a collection of artifacts and evidence (portfolio) of exemplary teaching practices within five standards, including:
- Professional Collaboration and Partnerships
- Students and Learning Environment
- Content, Instruction and Assessment
- Professional Growth
Master Teacher Premium is an option that full-time and part-time educators who have been teaching for at least 8 years may choose to pursue.
What the Master Teacher Premium is NOT:
- It is NOT part of the leadership premium funds distributed by your district.
- It is NOT part of or connected to your administrator’s evaluation of the teacher’s performance.
- It is NOT part of the certification or re-certification process.
- It is NOT tied to your placement on the Career Ladder.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Eight years of teaching experience, three years immediately preceding the award must be continuous.
- Successful completion of an annual individualized professional learning plan.
- A majority of students meet measurable student achievement as defined in section 33-1001, Idaho code for not less than three of the previous five years.
- Provide artifacts demonstrating evidence of effective teaching for three of the previous five years.
- This is an option that full-time and part-time educators who have been teaching for at least 8 years may choose to pursue.
MASTER EDUCATOR PREMIUM (MEP) TIMELINE
November 2018 – OneNote MEP template and portfolio instructions distributed and posted on Board website
February 2019 – Application for MEP evaluators available on Board website
April 2019 –MEP evaluators notified
June 2019 –MEP evaluator training and calibration – Idaho State Board Office
JUNE 30, 2019 – LAST DAY TO SUBMIT MEP PORTFOLIO
August 2019 –MEP Awardees notified
October 2019 –MEP first annual award distributed (1 of 3)
Idaho State Board of Education Website – Master Educator Premium Information